Monday, 8 July 2019

Can the property of minor be sold?

The property of minor cannot be sold unless it is permitted by the Guardian Court. No person can sell the property belonging to a minor unless a person is appointed as his/her guardian and the same person takes permission to sell that property.

A guardian court is the guardian of minor naturally. However when it allows a person to be guardian of a person or his property it delegates its powers to that guardian in the welfare of minor. Similarly if it is in the welfare of minor to sell his/her property then Guardian Court can allow such disposal of property to the guardian so appointed if it thinks necessary.

For more you can consult at


Thursday, 4 July 2019

Causing hurt by giving corrosive substance

If hurt is caused to someone by giving that person acid, poison or any other corrosive substance is a heinous offense according to 336-B of the Pakistan Penal Code. This offense is punishable with life imprisonment or with 14 years imprisonment.

It is a non-bailable offense but a compoundable in nature. Bail is possible in such like offense only if it is established in the court that such corrosive substance has not been given to the victim by the accused persons rather the victim has taken it itself.

If the victim dies in such like circumstances, section 302 PPC may also be added. One of the common problems is that often it happens that a person tries to commit suicide by taking any corrosive substance. In such like cases doctors at most hospitals initially reject to save life rather they refuse to take up the case. That is where mostly the victim suffers and faces death in many circumstances.

For more you can consult

Salman Yousaf Khan (Golra)
Criminal Lawyer

Contact International Lawyer

If you have any queries related with this post you can contact at

Salman Yousaf Khan
International Lawyer