Monday, 3 September 2018

There is no second appeal in family cases

Once a family case is decided by any competent family court, there is remedy of appeal in some cases. Such cases are mentioned in section 14 of the West Pakistan Family Courts Act, 1964. For example if a family court decrees khula, there is no appeal to such decree and appeal in such like cases is barred under the law.

Similarly once a case is appealed in the appellate court and decided, the remedy of second appeal is not available in such like circumstances. Similarly revision is not filed against the final decree and judgment of the family court and the court of appeal.

When there is no remedy available, the constitutional jurisdiction of High Court can be invoked under article 199 of the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. That is the only remedy for redressal of grievance.

For more, you can consult or call +923123450006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact International Lawyer

If you have any queries related with this post you can contact at

Salman Yousaf Khan
International Lawyer