Thursday, 12 October 2017

Non Appearance of Husband in a Khula Case

If a husband does not appear in the Khula case, the case proceeds ex-parte against him and the wife ultimately gets Khula. It is best to contest the case if it is filed against the husband. Because that way he gets a chance to reconcile the marriage through court.

Another aspect is that if a wife demands any amount of recovery against the dower, dowry articles, maintenance, gifts or in any other way, she may get all of that in the ex-parte suit. The family judge has descretionary powers to give relief to the wife contesting the case.

So it is always best to contest and avail the opportunity of defending whenever a Khula case is filed against the husband.

Salman Yousaf Khan (Golra)
International Family Lawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact International Lawyer

If you have any queries related with this post you can contact at

Salman Yousaf Khan
International Lawyer