[29th March 1962]
1. Short Title and Commencement
3 Constitution of any agency
4. Application for registration
5. Enquiry prior to registration
6. Certificate of Registration
7. Date on which the agency starts functioning
8. Register to be maintained by the Registration Authority
9. Maintenance of accounts and registers
10. Annual Report
11. Change of the address of the agency
12. Voluntary dissolution of agency
13. Fee for inspection of document, etc
Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Rules, 1962
[29th March 1962]
S.R.O. 356 (K) /62-In exercise of the powers conferred by section 19 of the Voluntary Social
Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Ordinance, 1961 (XLVI of 1961), the Central
Government is pleased to make the following rules namely: -
1. Short Title and Commencement.- (1). These rules may be called the Voluntary Social
Welfare Agencies (Registration and Control) Rules, 1962
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.- In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context.
(a) “Financial Year” has the same meaning as assigned to in the General Clauses Act,
1897 (x of 1897)
(b) “Form” means a form in Schedule II.
(c) “Ordinance” means the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration and
Control) Ordinance 1961 (XLVI of 1961).
(d) “Schedule” means a schedule appended to these rules.
(e) “Section” means section of the Ordinance.
3. Constitution of any agency.- (1). The constitution of an agency shall not be repugnant to
any of the provisions of the Ordinance on these rules and shall, inter alia, make provision for the
matters specified in Schedule-I.
(2) Provided that the Registration Authority may, for sufficient reasons approve the
constitution of an agency which does not make provision for any of the matters aforesaid.
4. Application for registration.- (1). An application for the registration of an agency existing
immediately before the coming into force of the Ordinance shall be in Form A, and an application
for the registration of an agency established thereafter shall be in Form B.
(2) In either case, an application for registration shall be accompanied byi)
a copy of the constitution of the agency; and
ii) in the case of an application in Form A, by the other documents mentioned in that
5. Enquiry prior to registration.- The enquiries to be made by the Registration Authority
under section 4 may include inquiries in respect of the necessity and feasibility of the programmes
of the agency, its financial status, state of affairs and standard of service.
6. Certificate of Registration.- A certificate of registration issued under section 4 shall be in
7. Date on which the agency starts functioning.- An agency established after the coming
into force of the Ordinance shall start functioning within three months of the date on which the
certificate of registration is issued to it and shall inform the Registration Authority of its having
done so within fifteen days thereof.
8. Register to be maintained by the Registration Authority.- The register to be
maintained by the Registration Authority under sub-section (3) of section 4 shall be in Form D.
9. Maintenance of accounts and registers.- (1). The following books of account and other
records shall be maintained by an agency, namely:-
(a) a cash-book in which shall be entered in a chronological order every amount paid or
received by or on behalf of the agency and all payment shall be supported by
necessary vouchers, which shall be preserved.
(b) a ledger, which shall contain all personal and impersonal accounts.
(c) an income and expenditure account, which shall be complied at the close of each
financial year and shall be audited by the Charted Accountant or auditor or auditors
approved by the Registration Authority and shall be submitted to the said Authority
within six months of the close of the financial year;
(d) a members book, which shall contain the name and addresses of the members;
(e) a minutes book, which shall contain record of the minutes of the meetings of the
(f) an inspection book in which shall be recorded the views of the persons authorized to
inspect the agency; and
(g) such other books the Registration Authority may be order in writing require.
(2) Every employee of an agency responsible for the custody or handling of cash or
stores shall be required to furnish a security in the form of Fidelity Bond from an insurance
company of reasonable financial standing for such amount as the agency may determine and a
copy of such Bond shall be furnished to the Registration Authority.
10. Annual Report.- (1). An agency shall at the close of each financial year publish an Annual
Report containing inter alia the following details, namely: -
(a) General management of the agency;
(b) details of the natural and extent of service rendered the year, if possible supported by
(c) programme for the next year; and
(d) audited accounts.
(2) A copy of the Annual Report shall be submitted to the Registration Authority
immediately on its publication.
11. Change of the address of the agency.- Any change in the address of an agency shall be
communicated to the Registration Authority within seven days thereof.
12. Voluntary dissolution of agency.- Application for the dissolution of an agency under
section II shall be in Form E and shall bear the signatures of all the members who are parties to
13. Fee for inspection of document, etc.- The fee for inspection of any document relating to
a registered agency at the office of the Registration Authority, shall be two rupees and fifty paisa
per document and the fee for obtaining a copy of or extract from any such document shall be fifty
paisa for every hundred words or part thereof.
(See Rule 3)
ELEMENTS OF THE CONSTITUTION OF AN AGENCY
1. Name of the Agency
2. Area of Operation (It should be indicated whether the agency is meant for the
neighborhood, or of city wise or provincial or national character)
3. Address of the principal office of the agency
4. Aims and objects of the agency
(a) Eligibility for membership
(b) Categories of membership with conditions and fees thereof, if any?
(c) Procedure for admission of members
(d) Rights and privileges of various categories of membership
(e) Procedure of suspension, or cancellation of membership on reasonable grounds, such
(a) non-payment of subscription
(b) absence from meetings
(c) conduct being detrimental to the interest of the agency;
(f) Procedure for restoration of suspended or cancelled membership or re-admission.
6. Branches.–(Applicable to only those agencies which have branches)
(a) Rights and privileges of Branch;
(b) Obligations on the part of the Branch
(c) Method of suspension or withdrawal or recognition of Branch.
7. Organizational structure
(a) Names of the different ‘Bodies’ formed from amongst the members of the agency to
run the affairs of the agency properly.
(b) Composition, powers and functions of the General Body, Governing Body and any
(c) Office Bearers
(a) The designation of all the office bearers
(b) The method of their election, selection of nomination
(c) Their terms of office
(d) Their powers and functions, specially for each office.
(a) Procedure for calling different types of meetings
(b) Notice period of meetings
(c) Quorum for the different types of meetings
9. Financial administration
(a) Procedure for withdrawal of money from bank
(b) Procedure for appointment of the auditor of the agency
10. Amendment of the constitution-Procedure to be adopted for making recommendation to
the Registration Authority regarding any amendment of the constitution of the agency.
(See Rule 4)
Application for Registration of Agencies existing before the coming into force of Ordinance No.
XLVI of 1961
THE REGISTRATION AUTHORITY, VOLUNTARY SOCIAL WELFARE AGENCIES,
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF SOCIAL WELFARE, GOVERNMENT F PUNJAB,
I, the undersigned have been operating the __________ the particulars of which are given
below (Name of the Agency).
(1) Name of the Agency
(3) Date of establishment
(4) Date, place and No. of registration under any other law.
(5) Aims and objects of Agency; (To be stated with reference to the field of service mentioned in
the Schedule to the Ordinance)
(6) Area of operation (whether neighborhood, city, province of Pakistan)
(7) Names, occupations and addresses of the office-bearers of the agency
Name Office Held Occupation Address
(8) Name or names of the Bank or Banks in which funds of the agency are kept
(9) (a) Total number of members of the agency on the date of the first general meeting.
(b) Number of members who attended the last general meeting.
(10) Brief statement giving the following information is attached.
(a) Accommodation for the services being rendered.
(b) List of qualified personnel working in the agency with names and qualifications, if any
(c) Income and expenditure for last three years or since the establishment of the agency,
which ever is less.
It is requested that the aforesaid agency may be registered under the Voluntary Social
Welfare Agencies (R&C) Ordinance, 1961.
I, undertake to inform you of any change in the office bearers of the agency within thirty
The following documents are attached: -
i) A copy of the constitution of the agency
ii) A copy of the minutes of the last general meeting of the members of the agency
iii) Annual Report for the last three years or since the establishment of the agency which
ever is less, or a statement of activities undertaken during the said period certified
by a Gazetted officer residing within the area of operation of the agency or
Chairman of the Union Council/Committee.
I certify that the statements above are correct. (Any office-bearer authorized by the agency
in this behalf may sign hereunder)
(See Rule 4)
Application for Registration of Agency established after the coming into force of Ordinance No.
XLVI of 1961
THE REGISTRATION AUTHORITY, VOLUNTARY SOCIAL WELFARE AGENCY
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF SOCIAL WELFARE GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB.
We the undersigned propose to establish an agency, in accordance with the provisions of
the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration & Control) Ordinance, 1961 (XLVI 1961). The
particulars of the proposed agency are given below...
1. Name of the Agency
3. Aims and objects of the agency (to be stated with reference to the fields of services
mentioned in the Schedule to the Ordinance)
4. Area of Operation (Whether neighborhood, City, Province or Pakistan)
5. Plan of Operation (Please attach a separate sheet giving a brief statement of the steps to
be taken for the establishment of he agency, with reference to accommodation, qualified
personnel and equipment, if necessary)
6. How proposed to be financed
7. Names, occupations and address of the founder members
Name Occupation Address
8. Name or names of the bank or banks in which funds of the agency are proposed to be
It is requested that the agency may be registered under the aforesaid Ordinance. We
undertake to inform you of any change in the office bearers of the agency within thirty days
A copy of the constitution of the agency is attached.
We certify that the information given above is correct.
(All the founder members should sign hereunder)
Signature of witnesses with
names and addresses
(See RULE 6)
Registration No. _________________ of 20 ________________________________
I hereby certify that ____________________________________________________
has this day been registered under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (R&C) Ordinance
1961 (XLVI of 1961)
Given under my hand and seal at __________ this ________________________ day of
_____________________________ two thousands and __________________
Note:- Loss of the certificate must be reported to the Registration authority within seven days.
(See Rule 8)
FORM OF THE REGISTER
address of the
1 2 3 4 5
Detail of the Founder Members (Applicable only to new Agencies)
Objects of the
Name Occupation Address
6 7 8 9 10
Detail of the Office Bearers
Name Designation Address Bank(s) in
11 12 13 14 15
(See Rule 12)
Application for the Voluntary Dissolution of an agency
Ref_______ Registration No. __________ of __________
THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB SOCIAL WELFARE, WOMEN
DEVELOPMENT AND BAIT UL MALL, DEPARTMENT.
It was decided in the general meeting of _________________________________
held on ___________________________________ at ________________________ name of the
That application be made to the Punjab Government for the dissolution of the Agency under
section II of the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (Registration & Control) Ordinance, 1961
(SLVI of 1961), on the following grounds, namely: -
(Here state the grounds in brief)
It is, therefore, requested that orders may be passed for the dissolution of the said agency.
That total membership of the agency on the date on which the meeting was held was
and the total attendance at the meeting was ___________________________ and the
number of (state number) persons voting for the dissolution of the agency was
___________ (state number). We certify that the information given above is correct. An
attested copy of the resolution of the aforesaid meeting is also attached.
(All the members who attended the aforesaid meeting and voted for the dissolution of the
agency would sign hereunder).
Name of the members, address, signature,
For any queries related with these rules contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salman Yousaf Khan (Golra)