Friday, 19 December 2014

Documents Required to be Filed along with asylum application

An asylum case consists of set of documents to be filed along with the application. Without these documents the case is weaker and subjected to dismissal.

Documents you must provide

You’ll need documents for yourself and your dependants (partner and children under 18) for your asylum screening
Documents you should bring (if you have them) include:
  • passports and travel documents
  • police registration certificates
  • identification documents, eg identity cards, birth and marriage certificates or school records
  • anything you think will help your application

Documents to prove your UK address

If you’re already in the UK, you and your dependants must bring documents that prove your UK address.
You’ll need different documents depending on whether you’re living in your own accommodation or staying with someone else.

Living in your own accommodation

You’ll need to provide documents showing your full name and address, eg:
  • bank statement
  • housing benefit book
  • council tax notice
  • tenancy agreement
  • household bill

Staying with someone else

You’ll need to provide:
  • a recent letter (less than 3 months old) from the person you’re staying with to confirm you have their permission to stay
  • documents showing the full name and address of the person you’re staying with, eg council tax notice, tenancy agreement or household bill

Apart from these documents certain other documents can be provided depending on case to case bases. For more queries on this you can contact

Salman Yousaf Khan (Golra)
Immigration Lawyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact International Lawyer

If you have any queries related with this post you can contact at

Salman Yousaf Khan
International Lawyer